Here is a Danger sign that should have made me pause or turn around. It’s a preview of stories to come. This sign was along the course of a 12 mile obstacle course race that I had no business being in, yet somehow I was in it. It was one of the best, worst and most memorable adventures of my life.
via Photo Challenge: Danger!
I was quite surprised when I found myself Tagged by New Moon in this Friends for Days Tag created by Chelia from pinkfordays. This tag led me on a wonderful ride through the blog world as I reviewed sites and posts to choose my top 5 recommendations. Before I get into that list, let me say that New Moon’s posts are a treat of insight and inspiration. New Moon writes about how our reality is often shaped by our thoughts or perceptions. The posts are usually uplifting or deliver a thoughtful message. Another great thing is that New Moon makes time for othets and leaves so many encouraging and supportive posts on other people’s blogs. I’m glad that New Moon took the time to stop by mine. I’m quite honored by this tag and welcome the challenge.
- Say who created the tag and provide a link to their blog.
- Do a blog post showing your Tag.
- Add the logo to the post.
- Always thank the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and, if you like, say something positive and supportive about their blog.
- Choose 5 bloggers that you don’t know very well or that are just starting their blog.
- Go over to their blogs and read a few posts, like and comment.
- Say 3 things you love about their blogs; (3 things for each blogger)
- Those 5 bloggers are automatically nominated to do the same.
- Nominate two bloggers who have been doing this for a longer time! Don’t forget to let them know you’re nominated them!
Five Bloggers, New or New to me, That Have Drawn me in:
- Manasi –Manasi is still working on the site set up, but there are quite a few posts that are well written and thought provoking. The posts here are filled with imagery and questions that make you evaluate yourself, and make you want to do more to appreciate the world and people around you.
- Sun and Moon’s Eclipse Stories—Here you will find a collection of poems, love letters, and banter between two people who call themselves sun and moon. Reading sometimes feels so personal, like you are in on a secret, or like you’ve found a box of love letters and are reading them. What they’ve done here is quite different, intriguing, and genius.
- Wonderful Treasures by Darie T—Darie’s life style blog takes us through whatever is on her mind. Sometimes the posts are about exams, other times its a review or “How to”, sometimes it’s positive and other times it’s a vent. Whatever the topic, the posts tend to be just the right length to get the message across. They are concise, sensible, and down to earth. These are all qualities I strive for and admire in other writers.
- Wee Fables –Who doesn’t like a short story? Here the writer creates short stories about about people she encounters in every day life. These stories capture small moments like what a person will do to hold on to memories, or what it must feel like to be a girl with new braces preparing to face the first day of the school year. Each story captures small moments in peoples lives with great imagery and detail in amazingly short posts.
- Morgan’s Thoughts From the Hammock— Morgan’s book review site is quite new, but she’s making a point to post weekly. Her book choices cover a wide spectrum and I like to keep up with what she’s reading in case I want to try something new outside of my normal route of Sci-fi/Fantasy/Paranormal or self development. Already, I’ve picked a couple of books to read that I normally would not pick up.
Two Bloggers or Sites That Have been at This a lot longer That Brighten my Day:
- The Seeds 4 Life— Reading posts from this site has become as much a part of my morning routine as breakfast. I love every post or seed I have read on this site and theirs is the first post I’m looking for when I wake up in the morning. Here they believe that what we plant in our minds is what we grow in our days or lives. They encourage other writers to plant seeds on the site. If you’re looking for a daily dose of inspiration, a variety of writing styles, this is a great place to check out.
- My OBT (one beautiful thing)– Donna shares something she finds beautiful each day. Sometimes its a picture, sometimes its an item, a story, or a quote. I find myself wondering what Donna find’s beautiful today and looking forward to her posts. This site is one of the first I stumbled upon when I joined Word Press, and I’m grateful to have found it because now I find myself going through the day searching for my own beautiful thing. Since I’m focusing on that, I’m noticing more and more beauty in the simple everyday things of life that I’d normally take for granted.
Forgive me, I can be long winded, but I hope you enjoy these gems as much as I do.